Some advice to nail your writing assignments.
One thousandth of a metre (0.039 in.).
- ‘Nanotechnology uses the scale of the nanometre, equal to one millionth of a millimetre.’
- ‘Lesion size can vary from a few millimeters to several centimeters.’
- ‘Patches can range from a few millimetres to a few centimetres in size.’
- ‘Normal rainfall in the province was between 120 millimeters and 130 millimeters.’
- ‘Outside, workmen on scaffolding grind and scrape at our walls, breaking in by the millimeter and decibel.’
- ‘The firm notes on its Web site that the process can create objects with high precision at scales of less than a thousandth of a millimeter.’
- ‘With these branching patterns, roots can be characterized by fractal analysis over a range of scales from about a quarter of a millimetre to several centimetres.’
- ‘It may be found on any part of the body as a scaly and crusted patch from a few millimeters to many centimeters in diameter.’
- ‘The small-scale karren features, usually a few millimetres to a few metres in size, are the most widespread karstic landform.’
- ‘These things are measured in nanometres, with a nanometre being a millionth of a millimetre, or about as far as a fingernail grows in a second.’ Tom Shoulder Shoolbag Bag Backpack Fashion Casual Bag Camping Brown Clovers Women qxqw7SP
- ‘The mean rainfall for September, across much of the country, ranges between a millimetre and some four millimetres.’
- ‘Engine oscillation is held to a few thousandths of a millimeter.’
- ‘Some travel a few millimeters in their lifetimes, others thousands of miles.’
- ‘The sizes often vary from several millimeters to several centimeters.’
- ‘These vary in width from a few millimetres to a few hundred metres.’
- ‘Lengths range from just a few millimeters to several centimeters.’
- ‘Love cannot be measured in millimetres, weighed in ounces or unwrapped and sliced.’
- ‘Slowly, millimetre by careful millimetre, she inched her hand towards the pouch.’
- ‘Inches here, millimeters there, it didn't matter; all of the shots were misses.’
- ‘Place a layer about six millimetres (a quarter of an inch) thick on a tray, lined with plastic wrap.’
What is the origin of 'sleep tight'?Read more
One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Top tips for better writingRead more
English prepositionsRead more
How to get prepositions right in a heartbeat.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.